Community Gardens - 2021
WE ARE FULL FOR THE 2021 SEASON! Wishing everyone a bountiful harvest and wonderful days in the dirt! If you are interested in planning ahead for the 2022 season - please call Angela: 413-259-3292.
We are making progress on preparing a new garden site at Fort River Farm, but that new site will not be ready until the 2022 season. We will be working through the 2021 summer putting in a well, improving the access road and with creating a parking area.
OverviewCommunity gardens provide access to fresh produce and plants as well as access to satisfying labor, neighborhood improvement, sense of community and connection to the environment. Some gardeners choose to solely grow flowers, while other gardeners grow vegetables for their own personal use, or to share with their neighbors.
Benefits of Community Gardens
- Improves the quality of life for people in the garden
- Provides a catalyst for neighborhood and community development
- Stimulates Social Interaction
- Encourages Self-Reliance
- Beautifies Neighborhoods
- Produces Nutritious Food
- Reduces Family Food Budgets
- Conserves Resources
- Creates opportunity for recreation, exercise, therapy, and education
- Reduces Crime
- Preserves Green Space
- Reduces city heat from streets and parking lots
Amherst Community Gardens Guidelines & Rules
The Town of Amherst has one Community Garden site - Amethyst Brook.
20' x 20'
Open in Google Maps
Open in Google Earth